Skin is the human body’s largest organ and what we put on it soaks directly into our bloodstream, and can negatively impact overall health.
In more than a decade, 595 cosmetics manufacturers have reported using 88 toxic chemicals linked to cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm in more than 73,000 products. Yet, no category of consumer products is subject to less government oversight than cosmetics and other personal care products.
That’s why it’s important to find the right clean, toxin-free, organic beauty products. Marianne Skiba, a two-time Emmy Award winning film and TV makeup artist, and creator of Glam.Earth, is passionate about this cause.
Her beauty boutique and spa gathers the very best makeup, skin care products and beauty accessories and pairs them with expert beauty advice and unique green beauty experiences.
Marianne chose to use a .Earth domain name because it ties in perfectly into her efforts, and is ideal for the overall holistic/wellness industry.
“When I found .Earth, it just clicked and it made perfect sense to myself, my customers and people finding us on the Internet … and what could be better than that?” said Marianne. “I am all about .Earth and it felt so right, and I love the sound of it. It also makes perfect sense for anyone in the holistic and wellness community.”
Following are highlights from our interview:
- More about Marianne’s background as a two-time Emmy Award winning celebrity makeup artist. (.46)
- How Glam.Earth got started. (1.37)
- More about the holistic beauty products that Glam.Earth offers. (4.48)
- Why more people embracing natural beauty products. (6.39)
- Why natural beauty products are important to overall health. (8.00)
- Why she chose to use a .Earth domain. (13.35)
- What the future holds for Glam Earth. (15.35)