For many people, their love of earth can be so strong that they document the wonders of nature through photography and online storytelling.
Daniela Mühlheim is a prime example of an earth lover who shares her past and present explorations of the planet’s abundance with the goal of “touching your heart and giving you joy” with LadyBird.Earth. In addition to being a photographer, she is a biologist and German language teacher based out of Zürich, Switzerland.
As a .Earth domain name user, Daniela believes that .Earth represents her efforts much better than the .ch ccTLD for Switzerland.
“Nature is so close to my heart, so when I looked for the name I wanted, I found .Earth and thought it was perfect, and also much better than .ch,” said Daniela. “I see myself as a global citizen, and .Earth was the icing on the cake for me.”
Following are highlights from our interview:
- More about Daniela’s background as a biologist and educator. (:36)
- The overall inspiration for the LadyBird.Earth website. (1:35)
- How the content on LadyBird.Earth aims to share the awesomeness of earth. (2:28)
- Why Daniela chose to use a .Earth domain. (3:30)
- What the future holds for LadyBirth.Earth. (4:50)
To learn more about LadyBird.Earth, please click here. In addition, if you are also launching a website that documents the abundance of earth, and would like to launch your website using a .Earth domain name, please click here.
Photo courtesy of Daniela Mühlheim.