A Round-Up of 2023 Climate Change Predictions
Dire predictions around extreme weather, a continued loss of Arctic sea ice and civil unrest point to the expanded need for the .Earth web domain in 2023.
With 2022 winding down, there’s no shortage of articles and blog posts about predictions around climate change, the environment and the state of our planet for the year ahead.
Frankly, many of the predictions are pretty dire, especially around extreme weather, the continued rise in temperature and more civil unrest. On a positive note, we will see more efforts behind environmental sustainability, renewable energy and waste reduction.
Here’s the round-up of 2023 predictions:
- The Fix: 23 Climate Predictions for 2023: Fix Labs, part of Grist, interviewed 23 experts around water, ecosystems, politics and policy, mitigation and adaptation, technology, and business predictions for 2023. Here’s the full article.
- 2023 Climate Change-Driven Extreme Weather Predictions: Non-profit Job One for Humanity predicts that methane production will continue to be an issue, along with the loss of Arctic sea ice, and extreme storms will continue next year. Here’s the full article.
- More Climate Change Consequences in 2023: In its global survey of citizens, Ipsos found that most people around the world believe we will see more climate change consequences in 2023. Many also believe that it will be the hottest year on record. Here’s the full article.
- 2023 Predictions – Climate change Will Exacerbate Civil Unrest: Global risk intelligence company Verisk Maplecroft predicts that the convergence of inflationary pressures, climate change and civil unrest, could make next year very challenging. Here’s the full article.
- Global Sustainability Trends for 2023: Taking a more positive spin on the state of our climate, Green Match predicts that the use of renewable energy will increase and there will be more effort behind recycling and reducing food waste. Here’s the full article.
- European Predictions 2023 – Environmental Sustainability: From a business perspective, Forrester is predicting that climate change will become a top priority for many CEOs who understand that it is not just a compliance or a risk issue, but also a significant opportunity to differentiate and transform their organizations. Here’s the full article.
If your organization is developing solutions for tackling these pressing environmental issues in 2023, the .Earth web domain can serve as the foundational platform for promoting your efforts.
To learn more about the .Earth domain, visit Voices.Earth. In addition, many organizations and individuals are sharing their voices about the benefits of a .Earth domain in our Voices.Earth podcast series.