The .Earth Domain Goes to Outer Space
Our Definitive List of the Top 11 Space-Related .Earth Domain Users
While the .Earth domain is all about promoting the betterment of life on our planet, many of our users are focusing their efforts in the stars, and beyond. From space-based educational organizations to astronomers, scientists, artists, and entrepreneurial visionaries, here’s our list of the top 10 space-related .Earth domain users.
- #11 – LivingSpace.Earth: John Gould is an aspiring spaceflight historian and writer, who manages LivingSpace.LivingSpace.Earth, a website dedicated to the communication and advocacy of all things related to spaceflight. Listen to our recent Voices.Earth podcast with John here.
- #10 – Overview-Effect.Earth: David Beaver, co-founder of the Overview Institute, explains in his blog Overview-Effect.Earth how the Overview Effect — which is how seeing Earth from space — can change your perception of our planet, and thus can change humanity as a whole.
- #9 – Unlimited.Earth: This UK-based collaborative of artists and producers develop productions around science and space travel. From its Unlimited Space Agency to its mobile Space Shed, the organization aims to inspire the next generation of poet-scientists and space explorers. Learn more here.
- #8 – SecuringSpace.Earth: Decades of space travel have led to more than 500,000 pieces of space debris that need to be cleaned up, and Kaspersky is aiming to tackle this challenge via SecuringSpace.Earth.
- #7 – BlueTurn.Earth: This organization also wants everyone to experience the Overview Effect through its website and mobile app which provide a unique, intimate and interactive experience of the Whole Earth in rotation, captured from outer space. Listen to our podcast with the founders here.
- #6 – BeingHere.Earth: In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing in 2019, this website focuses on the “look back,” which is another term that astronauts use for the Overview Effect. Learn more here.
- #5 – HacktheMoon.Earth: This special website is dedicated to telling the story of the engineers who guided humans to the moon and back. It also provides in-depth insights into the technologies used for the historic lunar missions, and much more. Learn more here.
- #4 – SpaceBuzz.Earth: This special organization aims to have all children experience the Overview Effect, and ultimately make them ambassadors of planet Earth. Listen to our recent Voices.Earth podcast with Janine Geijsen, Director at SpaceBuzz.Earth, here.
- #3 – InterstellarLab.Earth: This France-based company aims to build space-inspired villages here on Earth – with the goal of using these closed-looped villages on other planets. Learn more here.
- #2 – DearMoon.Earth: Earth is a lunar tourism mission and art project conceived and financed by Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa. It will make use of a SpaceX Starship on a private spaceflight flying a single circumlunar trajectory around the moon. Learn more here.
- #1 – AstronomersforPlanet.Earth: This grass-roots movement aims to unite astronomy students, educators, and scientists around the globe to share their astronomical perspective about the Earth and climate change with the public. Listen to our podcast with them here.
Are you launching a space-related organization? Please consider using a .Earth domain to help advance your brand vision and communications efforts. Click here to secure your own specialized domain.