Top 10 Carbon Footprint Reducing Solutions
In 2018, the United Nations (UN) published an alarming report about how current CO2 concentrations, and ongoing emissions of greenhouse gases, will result in global temperatures rising above pre-industrial levels. In particular, the UN is urging for new ways to limit global warming to below 1.5°C, which would require human-caused emissions CO2 needing to fall by 45 percent by 2030.
Thankfully, there are a wide-range of new carbon-footprint reducing solutions that have emerged that allow both consumers and businesses to take the right actions to get to “net zero.”
If you are looking to do your part in helping to address this climate challenge, we recommend looking into these top 10 carbon footprint reducing solutions.
- #10 – CUA.Earth: The Carbon Utilization Alliance (CUA) offers a comprehensive index for discovering relevant players in the carbon capture and utilization space. Learn more about this organization
- #9 – Offset.Earth: This organization plants trees and helps to fund the world’s best climate crisis solutions through a low-cost, subscription-based service. Learn more about Earth (now named Ecologi) in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #8 – SettleUp.Earth: This new solution allows individuals and businesses to offset the carbon emissions through a simple, personalized subscription, for less than the cost of a coffee a week. Learn more about Earth in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #7 – ReduceMyFootprint.Earth: This solution was created to empower climate-conscious individuals and businesses to begin capturing carbon by supporting reforestation and other carbon capturing projects around the world. Learn more about Earth in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #6 – NMF.Earth: This new mobile app for iOS and Android taps into your mobile phone’s data to let you know how your behaviors are impacting the planet. It also offers a sustainable guide to help users transition to a more environmentally friendly lifestyle, along with digital detox advice, and vegetarian recipes. Learn more about Earth in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #5 – Puro.Earth: Offering the world’s first marketplace for carbon removal, this organization helps companies around the world to reverse climate change by removing their carbon emissions from the atmosphere, as well as producing carbon-neutral products. Learn more about Earth in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #4 – GBS.Earth: This company develops and manages a suite of high-quality tools and services for creating a true low carbon bioeconomy. Learn more about Earth in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #3 – Metrics.Earth: This new Salesforce application allows companies to align their revenue and risk with the globally accepted United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. Learn more about this solution in this Voices.Earth podcast interview.
- #2 – Giki.Earth: This UK-based solution offers both a step-by-step guide on how to have a lighter carbon footprint, along with a mobile app that lets you know what products are truly sustainable in supermarkets. Learn more
- #1 – CO2.Earth: Launched in 2015 as one of the first .Earth domain users, CO2.Earth offers an online platform for the global public to best discover what is needed to stabilize the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. Learn more about Earth in our 2018 Voices.Earth podcast interview.
Are you launching a new carbon offsetting solution? The .Earth domain can help align your brand with your overall goals of helping to save the planet, while also helping your new business to gain more revenue. Please click here to secure your very own .Earth domain.