In honor of World Food Day, we highlight several .Earth web domain users who offer solutions
According to U.S. President Joe Biden’s recent statement regarding World Food Day, the world is facing an unprecedented level of food insecurity with more than 300 million people unable to access clean water, emergency medicine, shelter, and food without assistance.
In addition to the war in the Ukraine, a major drive of today’s food insecurity comes down to climate change. Rising global temperatures and sea levels are creating more heat waves, droughts, floods, cyclones and wildfires – making it difficult for farmers to grow food.
While this global problem seems insurmountable, every action – whether small or large – can help to address today’s food crisis. For example, a number of .Earth web domain users are coming up with innovative ways to counter food insecurity.
Here are some examples:
- ThrivingSolutions.Earth: This boutique social enterprise is dedicated to advancing food and nutrition security by helping companies and municipalities to transition to circular food systems. Learn more here.
- BlueFood.Earth: This organization brings together more than 100 researchers to explore the role that aquatic foods can play in building healthy, sustainable and equitable food system. Learn more here.
- SYSTEMIQ.Earth: Last month, this organization published its “Reducing Emissions from Fertilizer Use” report, which highlights how the fertilizer sector and wider food system can address climate change. Learn more here.
- FeedTheWorld.Earth: This nonprofit organization is aiming to help the millions of starving children all over the world, regardless of race and religion. Learn more here.
- Astraea.Earth: Using satellite and Earth-observation data, this company is able to predict when food insecurity challenges will happen in Africa. Learn more here, and listen to our Voices.Earth podcast with Astraea.Earth here.
- FoodRoots.Earth: This mobile app serves as a central hub to buy food from regenerative agriculture providers, and has a built-in carbon score to help you to measure your impact. Learn more here.
The .Earth domain tribe is continually seeking new ways to support the betterment of life on our planet. Tackling today’s food insecurity issues is vitally important, and we applaud all of these organizations for their efforts.
Is your company or organization addressing today’s food crisis? The .Earth web domain is the perfect foundation to communicate your commitment to the future of humanity.
To learn more about the .Earth domain, visit Voices.Earth. In addition, many organizations and individuals are sharing their voices about the benefits of a .Earth domain in our Voices.Earth podcast series.