It’s no secret that celebrities tend to be more progressive when it comes to environmental issues. Now more than ever, many are using their influence to advocate for policies and organizations that are focused on saving our planet – and are embracing new online tools for spreading their messages.
Since the launch of the .Earth domain in 2015, there has been a rise in organizations associated with celebrities that are using the domain as their advocacy web platform.
Here’s our top five list of celebrities that are associated with organizations that are using the .Earth domain:
- #5 – Peter Garrett: Singer of the Australian band Midnight Oil Peter Garrett spoke at the National Climate Emergency Summit in Australia, which was hosted by EMCA.Earth. Learn more
- #4 – Deepak Chopra: Renowned author and alternative-medicine advocate Deepak Chopra participated in a VoiceAmerica Convergence Radio episode about peace, justice, sustainability and transformation, which was hosted by Unity.Earth. Learn more here.
- #3 – Daryl Hannah: Founded in 2017, StopEcocide.Earth’s mission is to support the establishment of ecocide as an international crime, in order to forbid and prevent further devastation to life on Earth. Actress Daryl Hannah, is a supporter of the organization. Learn more here.
- #2 – Cara Delevingne: English actress, model and singer Cara Delevingne recently launched an organization called EcoResolution.Earth, which aims to educate and empower people around the world to take action in the face of the climate crisis, mobilize their communities and co-create a world that thrives. Learn more here.
- #1 – Michael Stipe: Extinction Rebellion (Rebellion.Earth) is a global environmental movement aimed at using nonviolent civil disobedience to compel government action to avoid tipping points in the climate system, biodiversity loss, and the risk of social and ecological collapse. Former REM singer Michael Stipe said that Extinction Rebellion encouraged him to make music. Learn more here.
Do you run an environmental organization affiliated with a celebrity? Please consider using a .Earth domain to help advance your brand vision and communications efforts. Click here to secure your own specialized domain.