In many global regions with rainforests, there is a need to protect these areas, while also finding ways for indigenous people to earn a living. ForestWise.Earth has come up with an innovative way to develop the ingredients for cosmetic applications from rainforests, which also helps regional economies.
The company offers a wide range of products that are sold to distributors that sell the raw ingredients to cosmetic and food companies, such as Lush Cosmetics. These products include illipe butter, kemiri oil, virgin coconut oil, and arenga sugar.
ForestWise.Earth also is looking to protect the remaining 44 percent of the Borneo rainforest by wild-harvesting from the region without damaging it. This will help the local economy to move away from the monoculture plantations, which are causing the most significant deforestations.
The company chose to use a .Earth domain name because it best represented the brand much better than .com.
“We think it’s cool to not use .com, and we think .Earth best fits what we do as a company,” said Dirk-Jan. “It also helps to communicate that we care about the environment and the future of the Earth – it was by far the best choice.”
Following are highlights from our interview:
- More about ForestWise.Earth. (:50)
- The vision behind helping to stop deforestation by developing a market for valuable rainforest products and empowering the local people to protect the remaining rainforest. (3:00)
- More about the products that ForestWise.Earth offers. (4:00)
- Why they chose to use a .Earth domain. (5:50)
- What the future holds for ForestWise.Earth. (6:18)
To learn more about ForestWise.Earth, please click here. In addition, if you are launching a company that leverages natural products for larger consumer applications, and would like to use a .Earth domain name, please click here.