In this Voices.Earth podcast interview, Simone, an eleven-year-old student in Manchester, VT, is back for her annual Earth Day podcast interview. In this year’s episode, she discusses how we all can take steps to “Invest in Our Planet” on Earth Day 2022.
The theme for Earth Day 2022 is “Invest in Our Planet,” which focuses on how businesses, governments, and citizens need to invest in a partnership for the planet – with everyone being accountable.
This year’s Earth Day theme also reinforces the need for Climate Risk Disclosures, where companies have to disclose the risks and opportunities from climate change to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
The Earth Day 2022 theme puts a spotlight on how the private sector needs to take the lead and invest in sustainable practices – and using an .Earth domain can be the foundation for communicating Climate Risk Disclosures.
As always, Simone provides an enlightened view on how to save our planet. And, this year, she had some great insights on what the business community should be doing to help. Here are some highlights:
- What Simone thinks about the “Invest in Our Planet” theme, and why we need to move away from fossil fuels. (1:13)
- Her perspective on Climate Risk Disclosures, and how companies should be doing more to help save our planet. (2:27)
- Why we need to shift to a form of capitalism that also prioritizes the environment. (3:38)
- What Simone’s peers think about when it comes to climate change. (4:19)
- Simone’s final message of hope for the environment. (5:15)
On April 22nd, we will be announcing our annual .Earth domain promotion in honor of Earth Day 2022. Stay tuned for more details about how you can help to Invest in Our Planet with a specialized .Earth domain.