Last year, the .Earth domain partnered with Mossy.Earth for a special campaign that truly gave back to our planet. For each new .Earth domain registered during Mid-November through December 2017, a new tree was planted in a region in Portugal that was devastated by wildfires.
Thanks to the campaign, Mossy.Earth was able to plant 500 trees in Douro Valley in Portugal, and this effort is already bearing fruit. The region no longer looks burned out, the trees are growing, and wildlife is returning to the area. In addition, Mossy.Earth has installed a well to help water the trees during the dry summer months.
Here’s a short video to see the progress in real-time:
Duarte was kind enough to share additional insights about this effort. Here are the highlights from our podcast:
- More about Mossy.Earth, and the organization’s mission. (:51)
- A high-level overview of the outcomes of this campaign. (2:00)
- How our planet is truly resilient, especially with the help of organization like Mossy.Earth. (3:30)
- An update on the number of trees planted in the region thanks to campaign. (4:08)
- The future plan for Mossy.Earth’s efforts in the Douro Valley. (4:44)
- How Mossy.Earth has created a new membership effort to help advance its mission. (5:45)