While traditional mental health therapy has tremendous value, there is much more that could be achieved in enhancing wellness through mindfulness and meditation. By blending wisdom traditions with the ability to be fully present in the moment, it is possible to attain a more balanced life.
This is the core vision behind the TheFreeSpiritProject.Earth, a collection of personal growth projects, programs, and retreats. The organization aims to help people become more free and connected to one’s self and others through meditation and Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT).
Since many children are already living in the present moment, the organization also runs schools programs about mindfulness that focus on adults in the educational community. This includes helping teachers to enhance their current educational programs with mindfulness techniques.
With human connectivity being a core part of The Free Spirit Project, Briar Jacques found that the .Earth domain reinforced this vision.
“It’s just beautiful, and I love .Earth because it’s the truth,” said Briar. “We are all citizens of Earth. The connectivity of it is great, and it was a no brainer for us.”
Following are highlights from our interview:
- About the Free Spirit Project and Briar’s background as a therapist and meditation teachers. (:45)
- Why mindfulness and Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT) is important during today’s COVID-19 pandemic. (2:32)
- How wisdom traditions and knowledge help to guide the organization’s efforts. (6:00)
- About the Free Spirit Project’s school programs. (8:34)
- Why Briar chose to use a .Earth domain. (11:45)
- What the future holds for the Free Spirit Project. (13:10)
- A deep-dive discussion on the value of meditation. (16:58)
To learn more about TheFreeSpiritProject.Earth, please click here. In addition, if you are launching an organization focused on teaching mindfulness, and would like to use a .Earth domain name, please click here.