As the realization of the significant environmental impact of animal agriculture has grown, and studies have continued to make a connection between meat consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, deforestation, and water pollution, there is a growing urgency to adopt sustainable practices.
One innovative solution gaining momentum is the idea of a “Plant-Based Treaty,” which aims to reduce the demand for animal products and, consequently, mitigate the environmental damage caused by industrial farming.
By embracing a plant-centric lifestyle, individuals can contribute to a healthier planet and combat climate change. As this innovative treaty gains momentum, the hope is that more people will recognize the power of their choices through education, government, corporate and community initiatives and join the movement towards a more sustainable and compassionate future.
So far, the Plant-Based Treaty has been signed by several cities – including Los Angeles – as well as by tens of thousands of people.
This month is also officially Veganuary, a global movement that encourages people to embrace a plant-based lifestyle for the month of January. Participants commit to following a vegan diet, abstaining from animal products such as meat, dairy, and eggs — with the goal of promoting sustainable and compassionate living.
Fortunately, we have many .earth users to highlight that are vegan-focused:
- Plantier.Earth: The organization works with restaurants and individuals to inspire them to create mouth-watering and satisfying plant-based meals. Learn more here.
- TheCommons.Earth: The organization has created a kickstart 4 week guide to leading a plant-based lifestyle. Learn more here.
- TheClimateApp.Earth: The organization has created an app on how to take action on climate change including on how to lead a vegan lifestyle. Learn more here.
- LoveWell.Earth: The organization discusses how to create vegan bento boxes for kids lunches. Learn more here.
- Tocco.Earth: The organization writes about Lavāda, a vegan plant-based leather handbag company.Learn more here.
Is your organization working within the vegan community? The .earth web domain is ideal for enhancing your brands and communicating your mission to encourage the use of a plant-based diet to combat climate change.
To learn more about the .earth domain, visit Voices.Earth. In addition, many organizations and individuals are sharing their voices about the benefits of a .earth domain in our Voices.Earth podcast series.