The most passionate nature photographers and videographers often come from very diverse and professional backgrounds. Phil Lomas, the founder of Naturescape.Earth, is a prime example of a multi-media artist who once worked for major broadcast outlets, and even directed videos for big-time rock bands.
Phil found that his love of wildlife drove him to change his lifestyle, and move from Sydney, Australia to the Gold Coast. During this time, he got involved in various nature-related productions, and created his multi-media website that aims to promote environmental awareness and conservation.
Phil found that the use of .Earth domain name helps to further clarify his brand and vision of using multi-media to enhance global conservation efforts.
“Finding the .Earth domain was a great discovery.” said Phil. “I view ‘Naturescape’ as the tree and ‘.Earth’ as the root of the overall brand. Plus, I now refer to the overall brand as ‘Naturescape Earth,’ and it pays homage to my hero David Attenborough, who is the most famous natural historian since Darwin.”
Following are some highlights from this podcast overview:
- More about Phil’s background in photography and cinematography. (:45)
- Insights into how the idea of Naturescape.Earth came about. (6:00)
- What the eco.media page of Naturescape.Earth represents. (9:39)
- Why Phil chose to use a .Earth domain name. (15:29)
- What the future holds for Naturescape.Earth. (17:47)