Children are often the most enlightened when it comes to saving the planet, and have some of the most candid and creative insights to share – especially when Earth Day 2020 has gone digital because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In today’s era of quarantining, Simone offers some great ideas for celebrating Earth Day, which includes video conferencing with friends and classmates, making Earth-related arts and crafts at home, backyard composting and gardening, as well as picking up trash in a socially distanced way.
In addition, Simone notes the positive impact of the quarantines on the environment, and hopes we can continue to keep the planet and our air clean after the pandemic.
Following are highlights from our interview:
- Why Earth is important to Simone. (1:00)
- Simone’s ideas for celebrating Earth Day 2020. (1:44)
- How and why children love celebrating Earth Day. (2:24)
- How we can move away from using plastics. (2:43)
- Why we need to eat fresh food and grow our own food. (3:34)
- Why we need to keep the planet clean after the pandemic. (4:31)
- Simone’s three favorite things on Earth. (5:53)
On April 20th, we will be announcing a special .Earth domain promotion in honor of Earth Day 2020. Stay tuned for this news, and in the meantime, please click here to secure your very own .Earth domain name.