In order to truly change the world for the better, we need to empower university students to advance efforts around sustainability and social justice.
This is the mission behind SOS International (SOS.Earth), which engages and mobilizes student and youth groups to be the change agents to lead their campuses and communities to a better future for our planet.
Since its launch in 2014, the organization is already gaining traction with its Green Office and Green Impact programs being awarded the UNESCO-Japan Prize on Education for Sustainable Development in 2015 and 2016, respectively.
SOS International chose to use a .Earth domain because the sustainability agenda encompasses both the value of our environment, and its impact on human beings.
“.Earth is very much in line with what we are trying to achieve as an organization,” said Charlotte. “We do our work for the people and the planet, and having a .Earth domain name really helps to showcase that this is part of who we are and working towards.”
Following are highlights from our interview:
- More about SOS International, the organizations history and mission. (:44)
- Insights into SOS International’s Green Office and Green Impact programs. (2:25)
- Why young people are passionate about sustainability and climate programs. (4:45)
- How the Green Office and Green Impact programs were bestowed the UNESCO-Japan Prize on Education for Sustainable Development awards. (6:10)
- Why they chose to use a .Earth domain name. (7:50)
- What the future hold for SOS International. (8:30)