While we often read about the impact of climate change, it’s not often that we directly see, first-hand, how it is changing some of our most revered mountain ranges – especially for many of us who live in cities.
For Florian Reber, his passion for the outdoors translated into an effort to bike through the Rockies and Alps to chronicle climate change with TalesofChange.Earth. The website offers some very candid, subtle, and sometimes alarming changes that are happening in these storied mountain ranges.
These changes show how climate change is a very complex challenge that we all face, such as forests being infested with pine beetles to changes in farming with apples now being grown in higher altitudes in the Italian Alps.
Florian chose to use a .Earth domain because it fits very well into the sustainability messaging that he wanted to convey in his biking expeditions.
“Ever since I learned about the existence of this domain, I really loved it because it fits very well with a website focused on environmental storytelling,” said Florian. “Also, when I think of .Earth, I immediately see a planet – our home – which hopefully gives others more empathy for our planet.”
Following are highlights from this interview:
- More about Florian and his background and his work in sustainability and climate change. (:45)
- How the idea of TalesofChange.Earth came about. (1:36)
- What Florian aims to achieve with his Tales of Change effort. (3:34)
- Examples of some of the climate change impacts that he sees on his expeditions. (5:40)
- Why Florian chose to use a .Earth domain name. (10:08)
- What the future holds for TalesofChange.Earth. (11:09)
To learn more about TalesofChange.Earth, please click here. In addition, if you are chronicling the impact of climate change through storytelling, and would like to launch your website using a .Earth domain name, please click here.