“Art is unquestionably one of the purest and highest elements in human happiness,” said John Lubbock (1834-1913), “The Pleasures of Life.”
This quote certainly rings true for DJ Barry’s efforts with Worldcow.Earth, which promotes kindness and pays it forward through his cow-inspired art in Vermont. The message of his program is that “we are all spots on the same cow,” and aims to encourage kindness, acceptance, and unity.
Rather than having the usual black spots, the cows that DJ paints are actually the Earth’s continents, which further represents his vision.
He also works closely with charities that help feed local school children and cover heating bills for citizens in Vermont – where cold winter temperatures can cause sky-high energy costs.
In addition, DJ chose to use a .Earth domain because it offers a message and vision that is similar to World Cow.
“When I was looking at .com names, I was shocked when I found the .Earth domain, whose message and backing felt really close to what World Cow is all about,” said DJ. “And, the fact that our design is based on a map of the world – and Earth is part of our mission – it just fit. We also love the way it looks.”
Following are highlights from this interview:
- More about Worldcow.Earth, and how the idea came about. (:40)
- Insights into World Cow’s mission to help others, promote kindness and pay it forward. (1:31)
- The charitable angle behind World Cow’s efforts. (2:40)
- Why DJ chose to use a .Earth domain name. (5:27)
- Insights into the future of World Cow’s brand, clothing line, and charitable efforts. (6:23)