The foundation of today’s geospatial intelligence efforts comes down to accessing and sharing mapping, imagery and spatial data to enhance decision-making. Whether it’s for military, agriculture, city planning, environmental planning, or disaster management, the use of geospatial solutions is nearly limitless.
As a result, there are a number of companies that play a critical role in providing the software, hardware, satellites, drones, and data management systems that turn spatial information into actionable intelligence.
As such, Voices.Earth has compiled this informal list of the top 10 geospatial brands in the world. Our caveat is that this subjective list was compiled based on overall brand awareness, not revenue or number of employees.
• #10 – MapBox: MapBox is a mapping platform that allows developers to easily integrate location into any mobile or online application. Learn more here.
• #9 – DroneDeploy: DroneDeploy develops cloud-based software for enabling simple and reliable drone operations. Learn more here.
• #8 – OGSystems: Focused on the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC), OGSystems is a “disruptive GEOINT” solutions provider that offers a wide-range of geospatial innovations. Learn more here.
• #7 – TerraGo: TerraGo develops software applications and mobile apps that make it easy for customers to collect, share and collaborate with location-based data to improve efficiency and decision-making. Learn more here.
• #6 – Thermopylae Sciences & Technology: Thermopylae Sciences & Technology offers a full suite of IT services and specializes in developing leading-edge geospatial, cloud, and mobile solutions. Learn more here.
• #5 – Harris Geospatial Solutions: Harris Geospatial Solutions has more than 30 years of experience providing advanced geospatial analytics, machine learning, and remotely sensed data to make better decisions. Learn more here.
• #4 – Hexagon Geospatial: Hexagon Geospatial enables global companies and government agencies to transform location-based content into dynamic and usable information. Learn more here.
• #3 – DigitalGlobe: Operating the most agile and sophisticated commercial satellites constellation in orbit, DigitalGlobe put the world’s smartest images into the hands of organizations worldwide. Learn more here.
• #2 – Radiant.Earth: Bill and Melinda Gates joined forces with Pierre Omidyar, founder of eBay, to fund the ‘Radiant Earth’ project, a new repository and archive of the world’s satellite, aerial and drone imagery. Learn more here.
• #1 – ESRI: ESRI is a world-leading geographic information system (GIS) that allows organizations to visualize, question, analyze and interpret data. Learn more here.
Did we miss any other geospatial organizations? Please email us here. We welcome all thoughts, comments and feedback. In addition, if your geospatial company would like to take advantage of a special .Earth domain name, please click here.