Since the dawn of time, storytelling has helped to advance cultures, expand communities, and provide a sense of hope and inspiration. Mayla.Earth is taking the concept of sharing stories to a new and critical level – helping to save planet Earth.
Launched on Earth Day 2017, Mayla.Earth uses personal stories of resilience, innovation, and possibility to grow a global community of people who protect nature. The new platform uses technology and partnerships to enable members of this global community to act locally to solve environmental problems and explore nearby nature.
Naamal and her team decided that using a .Earth domain name perfectly encapsulates the organization’s mission and name – Mayla is Sanskrit for “community.”
“After looking at other domain names, we found .Earth through a Google search, and it sounded perfect to me since it focuses on community, environment and all Earth-related things ,” said Naamal. “The domain is a global community of people who care about Earth.”
- Insights into the vision and mission of Mayla.Earth. (:23)
- How the organization is taking a community-driven approach to expand the power of Mayla.Earth. (3:33)
- How the Mayla.Earth platform actually works. (6:11)
- Why they chose to use a .Earth domain name. (8:09)
- What the future holds for Mayla.Earth. (11:06)
To learn more about Mayla.Earth, please click here. In addition, if your organization also wants to be part of a global community of people who care about Earth, please click here to secure your very own .Earth domain name.