Throughout the centuries, mankind has focused on continuous linear growth that is challenging our planet’s very finite resources. In order for humanity to survive and thrive, we need to completely rethink how we operate on a global level with Mother Nature being our guide.
To address this challenge, Fellowsforthe.Earth is aiming to create a more circular type of economy: to build, grow, live, decay and build again. The organization takes on existing mechanisms from nature and applies them in a new context with a focus on three key areas, which are Circular Business Models, Clean Energy and Food, Forestry & Agriculture.
To help brand these efforts, Guy Alleleijn chose to use a .Earth domain because it was an ideal fit for him and his organization.
“.Earth is in the company name, and I really liked it from an aesthetic perspective,” said Guy. “It’s clean simple and really resonates. For me, there were no other options. It was like ‘one and one is three,’ and I thought I really need to have this domain.”
Following are highlights from our interview:
- About Guy’s background and how the organization was started. (:48)
- How Fellows for the Earth works and its offerings. (4:12)
- Why our planet needs these kinds of services and solutions now — more than ever. (8:05)
- Why Fellows for the Earth chose a .Earth domain. (9:48)
- What the future holds for Fellows for the Earth. (11:12)
To learn more about Fellowsforthe.Earth, please click here. In addition, if you are launching a company focused on developing sustainable technologies, and would like to use a .Earth domain name, please click here.