People love to share their travel experiences through social media sites. In fact, the most popular Instagram personalities gain followers and “likes” based on their incredible journeys, while everyone else lives vicariously through them.
However, there’s a need to take this concept to the next level, which is an online publication that curates a wide-range of travel experiences, and offers a platform for traveler-generated content.
This is where Travel.Earth comes into play. This new online destination develops highly compelling content from its staff of writers, outside influencers and from travelers themselves – with a focus on responsible travel. The result is a news website that offers creative content categories such as Bucket List, Dope, Culture Vulture, Chillax, Adrenaline Junkie and Soul Search.
For both Mr. Srinjay Sengupta and Mr. Arun Raghu, the use of a .Earth domain name fits perfectly with their brand vision of sustainability and responsible travel.
“With the travel boom that is happening today, we strongly advocate for the idea of responsible travel, which is the foundation for our brand,” said Arun. “.Earth reflects this very well. We also have ‘travel’ and ‘earth’ in our brand, which reinforces sustainability and conservation along with the concept of traveling.”
Following are some highlights from this podcast interview:
- More about Travel.Earth, the website’s history and editorial mission. (:48)
- How the Travel.Earth team curates all of their content. (3:06)
- More about the Travel.Earth business model. (5:10)
- Why Travel.Earth chose to use a .Earth domain name. (7:49)
- What the future holds for Travel.Earth. (9:28)
- Why Travel.Earth is all about responsible travel. (12:00)