The changes we need for our planet come in big and small waves, according to Nico Occhiminuti, President of the Waves of Change Forum (WavesofChangeEarth). To “catch these waves,” requires exceptional adaptation, resilience and trust, which cannot happen in silos, but through networking and forming coalitions.
In order to accelerate the adoption and growth of blue (ocean) and green (earth) solutions, the Waves of Change Forum brings together like-minded investors, corporations, startups, NGOs, governmental organizations and academics, who become trusted allies in helping to promote sustainable practices that respect and preserve the biosphere.
The vision and mission behind the Waves of Change Forum played perfectly into the need for using a .Earth domain.
“As a non-profit with the values that we have, the .com domain was simply not an option, .fr was too local, and .org was not specific enough for us,” said Nico. “Given our purpose and mission, .Earth came to us as the best solution. For our team, it was an easy decision, and we were all like ‘.Earth, of course.’
Following are highlights from our interview:
- High-level overview of the Waves of Change Forum. (:48)
- About year-round workshops and other events and offerings. (2:31)
- Why we need to foster the blue and green economies. (4:58)
- About the 2021 Waves of Change Forum in Biarritz, France. (8:20)
- Why Waves of Change chose to use a .Earth domain. (11:00)
- What the future holds for the Waves of Change Forum. (12:21)